Questions to Ask Your Reader, Rootworker, or Conjure Doctor
From Association of Independent Readers and Rootworkers
Before you hire a spiritual doctor, hoodoo root worker, or conjure practitioner to perform magical spells on your behalf, you have every right to ask for information abut the person you are interviewing.
There are many traditions of psychic reading, divination, and fortune telling around the world. Within AIRR, there are psychic readers of almost every type available, and many who work in more than one style or school of psychic reading.
You have a right to select a hoodoo psychic reader, and also the to choose the kind of psychic reading you prefer from among those offered here. That is, if a hoodoo reader does both tarot card readings and astrology readings, you can ask for card reading instead of an astrology natal chart -- or vice versa.
Once you have had a psychic reading with one of the hoodoo practitioners of AIRR, you may wish to go further and schedule an actual spiritual consultation. You may ask your hoodoo psychic reader to prescribe magical spells and spiritual work that you can do at home, or to recommend specific hoodoo spells you can cast yourself.
If magical coaching -- getting help doing your own spell-casting -- is not enough for you, you may also wish to consider hiring a professional hoodoo rootworker to do the conjure job with you or for you. However, you should be aware that both within AIRR, and within the wider African American and Southern traditions of psychic divination and spell casting, conjuring, or root doctoring, not every psychic reader, hand reading palmist, or tarot card reader is a spell-casting conjure doctor or rootworker or the pastor of a spiritual candle ministry -- and even if you find a good and proficient conjure worker, he or she may not take on all types of spell work cases, or may not feel that your case is one that he or she should take.
Because hoodoo rootwork is such a personal spiritual matter, you owe it to yourself to select both psychic readers and conjure workers with care. Not every worker is right for every client, and vice versa -- and the best way to hire a root doctor to help you with your case is not something that you were born knowing, so we'd like to offer you a few tips on how to interview a spiritual worker and see if the two of you will be a good fit. If you and your psychic reader or conjure worker are right for each other, you will have found more than someone to help you through a tough time, a stressful crisis, or a bad personal situation -- you may have found a beneficial professional relationship that endures for many years.
The following list of Questions to ask your Psychic Reader, Hoodoo Rootworker or Conjure Doctor was compiled by experienced Associates of the Association of Independent Readers and Rootworkers (AIRR), who are themselves psychic readers and conjure practitioners.
Ask us! None of us will be offended by these questions!
- What kinds of readings do you perform?
- Which of the reading styles you use are most popular with your clients?
- Who was or were your divination teacher or teachers?
- Do you prescribe spiritual supplies for the people you read for?
- Do you teach spell-casting or do magical coaching with your reading clients?
- How and when did you first hear about hoodoo rootwork?
- Who was or were your rootwork teacher or teachers?
- What kinds of hoodoo spell-casting cases have you handled successfully in the past?
- Can you provide me with any references from among your clients?
- Can you send or show me any pictures of altar work that you have performed for other clients?
- Do you post on social media sites and, if so, will you give me the URLs for sites where you post, allow me to read your messages, send me your newsletter, "friend" me, and/or allow me to participate in public (non-client) communications with you?
- What are your strong suits as a magical spell caster and rootworker?
- What are your weaknesses as a magical spell caster and rootworker?
- Do you have any moral or religious limitations on the kind of magic spells you will perform for others? If so, what are they?
- Do you work according to the precepts of a particular religion, and if so, which one? (This question may be asked by those who wish to engage a practitioner who will not go against their own religious, moral, or spiritual training or beliefs.)
- How long do you think I should have to wait before I can see results from your spell casting or altar work if we are going to have positive movement in my case?
- What could I be doing at home in combination with your rootwork and prayers to improve the chances that my aims and goals will be achieved?
- If the spell casting or altar work I hire you to do is not successful, how would you suggest that I proceed next?
- Do you provide magical coaching services?
- Are there any other AIRR-certified spiritual workers or roootworkers who are more effective than you are at working on the particular condition or situation for which i am consulting you, and, if so, can you recommend them?
- If you are unavailable or over-booked or for any reason cannot take my case, can you recommend any other AIRR-certified spiritual workers or roootworkers who might take my case -- and may i use your name when communicating with them, explaining that you suggested their names to me?
These pages tell you all about how things work at the Association of Independent Readers and Rootworkers, AIRR:
Public Education and Outreach
- Questions to Ask Your Psychic Reader, Hoodoo Rootworker, or Conjure Doctor
Our Spiritual Mission
These pages tell you about how the AIRR site developed within the educational and spiritual outreach program of the Missionary Independent Spiritual Church movement:
- The Crystal Silence League, a free prayer network sponsored by Missionary Independent Spiritual Churches
Brought to You By ...
As a non-profit service, AIRR is supported by the following individuals, groups, sponsors, and underwriters -- and by the generous contributions of readers like you:
- The Researchers, Writers and Photographers of AIRR: Past and present AIRR Associates who have contributed to this site
- The AIRR Tech Team: A volunteer group that meets weekly to assist in ongoing site development and maintenance
- Hoodoo Psychics.com: Ethical psychic readers, conjure doctors, spirit mediums, root workers, and spell-casters
- Donations to MISC: You can contribute to this AIRR site, the Crystal Silence League site, and the AIRR Pro Bono Fund
Forms and Documents
These pages contain the forms and documents used for communication within AIRR, and are posted here for the use of our members and in the interest of transparency to all members of the public who are searching for honest psychic reading services: